NON-RINSE ALCOHOLIC HANDRUB FOR INSTANTANEOUS HAND DISINFECTION
- Prevention of cross infection between patients on a ward
- Avoiding passage of infectious organisms from staff to patient
- Minimise endogenous transfer of pathogens from one site to another on the same patient
- Effective infection control while multi-tasking
- Any task that needs to be carried out aseptically
- Tasks that might constitute a potential biohazard
- Routine extraction or handling of multiple biological specimens,
- eg. in pathology, biomedical research laboratories, microbiology laboratories, clinics
- Skin disinfection for any procedure involving puncturing the skin, eg. vaccination, injection, blood extraction, insertion of cannulae, etc.
- Emergency disinfection of semi-critical and non-critical instruments
- Decontamination of non-polymeric hard surfaces
Suitable for use as above on hands, skin, instruments and working surfaces.
*Hands should be relatively free from organic soilage for full effectiveness.
Alcohexidine combines the unparallelled rapid broad spectrum anti-microbial action of Alcohol with the potent residual activity of Chlorhexidine digluconate alcoholic solution provides rapid kill of common pathogenic viruses, HIV, Hepatitis B, Herpes and other pathogenic viruses.
Alcohexidine passes European (BS EN1276) quantitative suspension test for the evaluation of bactericidal activity of chemical disinfectants and antiseptics used in food, industrial, domestic and institutional areas.
Alcohexidine can achieve a reduction in bacterial load from 1,000,000 to <10 cells with only 1 min exposure in every one of 5 different problematic bacterial strains. Stringent test conditions (20ºC, hard water and high level of organic contamination) apply.
Alcohexidine passes European (BS EN1499) test for the evaluation of bactericidal activity of pre-operative surgical scrubs and antiseptics used in hospital community medical facilities, and in dental institutions.
|Composition||Alcoholic solution containing Chlorohexidine Gluconate|
|Appearance||Clear Pink Solution|
|Density||0.8 - 1.0 g/mL|
|Pack Size||5 Lt, 25 Lt, 200kg & 1000kg IBC|
The information contained in this data sheet is believed to be accurate, but customers are advised to ensure that the product is suitable for their own purpose before they use it