- Designed for pre-operative and post-operative skin antisepsis
- Non-corrosive and non-irritant at use dilution
- Versatile: use direct on skin, cuts and grazes
- Product combines powerful residual activity bactericides with safe action
- Pre-operative skin disinfection
- Protection of surgical & topical wounds
- Disinfection and cleansing of burns
- Swabbing in Obstetrics, Gynaecology & Urology
- Disinfection of semi-critical and non-critical instruments & equipment
||1:100 Aqueous solution
Make up 10mL Hexol up to 1 L with sterile water
Cleansing and disinfection of:
|1:30 Aqueous solution
Make up 35mL Hexol up to 1 L with sterile water
||1:30 Alcoholic solution
Make up 10mL Hexol with 300mL 70% Ethanol
Passes European BS EN 1276 quantitative suspension test for the evaluation of Bactericidal activity of Chemical Disinfectants and Antiseptics used in Food, Industrial, Domestic and Institutional areas at a dilution of 1:700. At this dilution, the bacterial load can be reduced from 1,000,000 to <10 cells with only 5 minutes exposure for every one of 5 different problematic bacterial strains. Stringent test conditions (hard water and high level of organic contamination) apply.
Passes European BS EN 1499 test for the evaluation of Bactericidal activity of Pre-operative Surgical scrubs and Antiseptics used in Hospitals, Community medical facilities and in Dental institutions at a dilution of 1:300.
Passes BS EN 14204 test standard for Mycobacterium fortuitum at 1:80
Passes BS EN 1276 test for efficacy against MRSA at 1:150.
|Composition||A blend of Chlorhexidine Gluconate BP (1.5%), Cetrimide BP (15%), Neutral Detergents, Antiseptic grade Aromatic Oils & Dyestuffs|
|Appearance||Clear orange liquid|
|Odour||Characteristic – floral|
|Density||1.00 – 1.05 g/mL|
|pH Value||4.5 – 6.0|
|Pack Size||5 L, 25 L, 200 kg & 1000 kg IBC|
The information contained in this data sheet is believed to be accurate, but customers are advised to ensure that the product is suitable for their own purpose before they use it.