- Unparalleled effectiveness against mixed infections
- Retains the unparalleled broad spectrum antimicrobial activity of Iodine without its irritancy
- Rapid action skin antiseptic – kills on contact
- Bactericidal against both gram-positive & gram-negative bacteria
- Proven activity against spores
- Powerful virucidal action including against HIV
- Also effective against fungi, yeasts, protozoa, nematodes & insects
- Effective against antibiotic-resistant strains
- Complete protection – no known iodine-resistant organisms
- Prolonged effect – forms protective film over area of application
- Activity retained in the presence of blood & pus
- Major advantages over classical iodine tinctures:
- No stinging or skin irritation when applied to wounds
- Safe to use with bandaging without interference with wound healing
- Markedly reduced systemic toxicity
- Water soluble – good rinsability without long-term staining or sensitisation of skin
- Ease of application to achieve total surface saturation
Apply undiluted as paint or wet dressing as often as required for all areas of human and veterinary medicine.
- Pre-surgical skin preparation
- Post-surgery wound protection
- Skin disinfection prior to any invasive procedure
- Rinsing and protection of wounds, burns, incisions and ulcers
- First Aid and Emergency – Suitable for use with bandaging
Passes European (BS EN 1276) quantitative suspension test for the evaluation of bactericidal activity of chemical disinfectants and antiseptics used in food, industrial, domestic and institutional areas.
Passes European (BS EN 1499) test for the evaluation of bactericidal activity of preoperative surgical scrubs and antiseptics used in hospital, community medical facilities and in dental institutions.
|Composition||10% PVP-Iodine based product (1% available Iodine)|
|Appearance||Dark brown liquid|
|Odour||Characteristic – mild, typical of iodophors|
|Density||1.00 – 1.05 g/mL|
|pH Value||4 – 6|
|Pack Size||5L, 25L, 200kg, & 1000kg IBC|
The information contained in this data sheet is believed to be accurate, but customers are advised to ensure that the product is suitable for their own purpose before they use it.