- Total foot treatment formulation
- Highly concentrated disinfectant
- Superior detergent cleaning action
- A formalin free solution
- Highly effective hardening of the horn
- A formulation using aluminium & zinc and copper sulphate
- Complete long lasting disinfection
Contains benzalkonium chloride and glutaraldehyde
Bad hoof health is an increasing and expensive problem in intensive dairy productions all over the world. Preventive interventions are important in order to obtain a sustainable production, both from an economical and animal welfare aspect. Hoof disorders are possible to prevent by a correct management and early detection of affected animals, regular claw trimming and a clean and dry environment is also essential. Investment in prevention of hoof disorders is therefore profitable for the farmer.
Fungicidal/biocidal washes such as Hoofshield are an integral component of infectious hoof disease control in free stall systems. Topical application of antibacterials such as copper sulphate, zinc compounds, and other disinfectants have been shown to aid the control of foot rot and digital dermatitis (heel warts).
- Shake contents of the container well
- Prepare a pre-mix solution by adding the required quantity of Hoofshield into an empty bucket with an equal amount of warm water.
- Mix thoroughly. Ensure agitation until product is fully dissolved
- Apply or dilute premix solution according to your individual treatment needs as below
Direct Spot Treatment of Hooves: Spray or brush on a 50% solution directly onto affected areas on the hoof.
Footbath Application: Prepare a fresh solution if footbath becomes contaminated with manure, or following treatment of 200 cows (recommended).
- Shock treatment (for the herd): Use a 10% solution of Hoofshield in a footbath over 20-25 days for treatment of widespread hoof problems in herd
- Seasonal treatment/periodic treatment: Use a 5% solution in footbath for 40-45 days to prevent seasonal infections
- Continuous protection: For continuous use at 2% solution by means of a footbath
|Composition||Blend of complex biocides|
|Appearance||Clear blue liquid|
|Odour||Characteristic – aldehyde|
|Density g/mL||1.12 – 1.22|
|pH Value||1.5 – 2.5|
|Pack Size||5 L, 25 L, 200kg, 1000kg IBC|
The information contained in this page is believed to be accurate, but customers are advised to ensure that the product is suitable for their own purpose before they use it.