Biocorrosion presents a major occupational hazard for the oil and gas production industries. Corrosive damage to offshore production facilities and pipelines is largely attributed to the anaerobic respiratory activities of sulphate-reducing bacteria (SRB).
SRB liberate toxic hydrogen sulphide gas by reduction of sulphate ions in the water. Interaction of sulphurous entities with metal ions results in iron sulphide deposition on commonly used metals such as stainless steel. Sub-deposit corrosion causes pitting of metal surfaces, and can lead to equipment malfunction.
SRB are also implicated in oil well souring. Controlling proliferation of SRBs in oilfields is therefore critical in ensuring worker safety, maximising extraction efficiency and enhancing performance and lifetime of production facility infrastructure.
Cationic based products such as BAC70 WLF are amongst the most widely used oilfield chemicals. Aside from oilfield corrosion inhibitor, they are routinely used as de-emulsifiers (emulsion breakers), detergents / wetting agents helping to draw out oil from rock.
- Concentrated, rapid acting biocide to prevent oil well souring
- Protects metallic infrastructure and pipelines from corrosive damage
- Powerful detergent activity to penetrate and remove deposits
- Excellent penetration and wetting of limestone formations
- Winterised grade – low freezing point
- Low foaming formulation
- Rapidly soluble in cold water
- Compatible with water miscible solvents
- Compatible with non-ionic, ampholytic & cationic surfactants
- Incompatible with anionic compounds
|Active Matter||70.0% (±1%) w/w|
|Free Amine content||1.0% maximum|
|Appearance||Slight haze, water white – pale straw|
|Form at 20°C||Liquid|
|Form at -10°C||Liquid|
|Flash Point||> 100°C. Will not support combustion|
|Odour||Undetectable – faint almond|
|Density||0.93 – 0.97 g/mL|
|Solubility||Soluble in water in all proportions|
|Solubility in cold water||Readily miscible|
|pH (5% sol @ 20°C)||6 – 8|
|Pack Size||5 L, 25 L, 200kg, 975kg|
The information contained in this data sheet is believed to be accurate, but customers are advised to ensure that the product is suitable for their own purpose before they use it.