- Powerful activity against bacteria & fungi at low concentrations
- Effective against gram negative & gram positive bacteria
- Effectiveness enhanced in alcohols
- Activity unaffected by presence of blood & other biological fluids
- Sporicidal effects at approximately 0.1% solutions at 60-80°C
- Most effective at pH 5.0 to 8.0
Anti-bacterial agent for a variety of formulations for hospitals and veterinary applications.
Preservative in cosmetic & pharmaceutical preparations. Used at concentrations up to 0.3% in creams, 0.05% in toothpastes, 0.1% in deodorants.
|Appearance||Clear, colourless solution|
|Assay||19.0 – 21.0% w/v|
|Density||Density 1.06 – 1.07kg/l|
|Solubility||Miscible in water and alcohols|
|Related Substances||Rel <3%|
|pH||5.5 to 7.0|
|CAS No.||18 472-51-0|
|Pack size||5 L, 25 L, 200kg, 1000kg IBC|
The information contained in this data sheet is believed to be accurate, but customers are advised to ensure that the product is suitable for their own purpose before they use it.